Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Revue Casting

I. Am. Marlow.
So the other day, it was pouring out, but unlike a normal person I was not curled up inside with a cup of tea and a book. No, I was on the third hour of a hike in the middle of the woods. And this was no normal hike. This was a Marlow-style fight into the Heart of Darkness. No trails for us; my friend and on were on a slog through real woods. We almost died about 67 times on cliffs and roacks and steep slopes of slippery moss. We rope-swung into a freezing river and picniced under a tree and found an old abandoned foundation. It was intense. In the middle of this hike as the rain poured down and the leaves slapped against me legs and face and entire self, my phone buzzed. Not recognizing the number, I figured that I should probably answer it and boy was I glad I did! It was the director of Showstoppers, the Broadway revue I had auditioned for. He told me that I was in!


Being that I was in the middle of the woods, I thanked him and ended the call. Later, I got a call from a friend who also had auditioned (and coincidentally the producer of Cirle Mirror Transformation) asking if I was in and what I had gotten. I eventually got back in touch with the Showstoppers team, and they told me that I will be showcased as Helga in Cabaret, Patti Simcox in Grease, and Penny in Hairspray as well as extensive dance stuff! So I'm pretty excited! I know that this was short, but that's all for today, folks! Come back next time, when we talk about other random topics that I am unable to predict at this time.


No comments:

Post a Comment